Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Current Prospects

1. Turkey
My grandpa met Turkey at church. His family lives out of town so he didn't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving, so my grandpa invited him to our dinner. I figured only a weirdo would go to Thanksgiving with some old guy, so I was pleasantly surprised when an attractive future doctor showed up. I made sure to sit next to him, and later I found out my whole family was making sure of it too. Our table ended up being me, him, his friend, and my two teenage cousins who don't really talk. His friend was pretty quiet too, so my bro-in-law commented that my Thanksgiving dinner totally turned into a date. We didn't exchange any info, so my sister used her facebook stalking skills to find him and now we're friends on facebook (we made bro-in-law add him so I wouldn't look like a stalker hehe). We chatted online last night and he just commented that my grandpa offered him an arranged marriage!!!

2. Ladder 3
I got a little sneaky with this one. I was looking at pictures from a firefighters' event on facebook and added Ladder 3. He asked how he knew me and I said my cousin got on my account and added random people. We've chatted a little bit and he suggested meeting. The only thing is he wanted to go in the spa?! I said maybe some other less naked activity. So I don't know if we'll actually meet, especially because he doesn't live super close to me or where I plan on moving after graduation. And his conversation hasn't been particularly intriguing so I'm not incredibly motivated to drive out and meet him. But he's there and if Turkey isn't interested, Ladder 3 is a possibility. Since I told myself I don't even want to date at all right now, pursuing two guys is just too much for the time being.

3. 1k
My sister randomly texted me that she found me a husband, but his wife left him with their baby so he might have some baggage. I figure I'm getting too old too be picky about silly things like children and tumultuous relationships from the past. So I went to church to meet him but he left right after the service so I didn't even see him. I'm going back home so I won't be able to go to church again till who knows when, but I have a feeling I'll be coming home a lot more this semester because all my current prospects live near my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment