Monday, November 29, 2010

Well This is a First

The Artist asked me to be his girlfriend. I said I wasn't ready for a commitment. I've always felt a little unsure about my feelings for him. I didn't want to commit to him and lose out on time meeting other guys if I wasn't confident about us working out. So we kept dating and he has been perfect. But the feelings aren't there. I'm so angry because I found a guy who is caring, makes time for me, wants a commitment, wants to talk about feelings, is supportive, and accepts me just the way I am...but my heart just isn't in it. So I decided today that I need to end it with him, but it made me too sad. Sad for him, and sad for me because then I will be alone. I want to be able to hug him, so now I'm thinking I'll wait till I see him this weekend. I can't wait longer than that, though, because he is planning some surprise weekend for me and I don't want him to spend any more money on me now that I've figured out my feelings.

I love love love knowing that someone cares about me. I'm going to miss it so much. I was emailing a guy on Match, and was getting excited about him. Our emails were long and interesting, but then about a week and a half ago I sent him a response and never got one back. It's rare that I'll get excited about someone online, so that's a real bummer. I only have two more months of my membership. I only emailed 4 people last month, and you're required to email 5 in order to get 6 more months for free. I'll call and see if they'll give it to me anyway. Otherwise, I don't know what is next. Buy another 6 months? Try eharmony? Take a break? Look into matchmakers? I'm not giving up yet!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you are still wrapping things up with the Artist, it's understandable that you might be unsure whether you should take a break or try to move. Even though you aren't an eHarmony member now, I did want to let you know that you are welcome to join our free Advice site: http://advice.eharmony.com/. Here you can get feedback and advice from members, some of whom may have had to make the same hard decision to let someone go.

    Then, when you are sure you are ready to find someone who is really right for you, we'd love to help! It is free to review matches; so you can evaluate the type of matches you'll receive before taking the next step to purchase a subscription and start communicating with matches: www.eharmony.com.

    I hope you will visit our Advice site and wish you all the best. Jack

    p.s. You are welcome to follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/eharmony_Jack.

    ReplyDelete