Monday, January 2, 2012

What if 2012 is Amazing?

I haven't had an amazing year since 2006. I don't know, I'm just judging by my facebook timeline. Ever since I was little, I'd get depressed at this time of year. I was sad the holidays were over and I didn't know when I'd see my extended family again. I've just never been the type to say 'this year will be different' and decide to make a bunch of changes along with the rest of the world. So I'm def not saying I think 2012 will be different, but what if it is?

New Year's Eve was definitely amazing! Spongebob and I went to my friend's potluck and then to a party. We drank Veuve Clicqot and shotgunned weed. My friend asked us if we would kiss at midnight and I said, "Well I guess we'll have to," which was sufficiently awkward, but took away all awkwardness at kissing time...until she sprayed silly string on us mid-kiss. We stumbled home at about 5AM and had some more fun ;) He asked for head but I reminded him of my no casual sex rule. We spent the next day recovering together.

Today he was laid off :( He doesn't know this, but I cried for him. I forgot what it's like to care...to not be obsessed and anxious and preoccupied with what my next move will be...but just to have my heart feel for another person. It's totally different than empathy during therapy. I said I'd be there for him, and he offered to take me to dinner. I think he's being a little too positive at a time like this, and were he a client I would pry a little. Then again, he's never really had to worry about money, so maybe he means it when he calls this an opportunity.

I've been so caught up in finding a boyfriend that I just realized I don't really know how to be a girlfriend! So here's to being a girlfriend in 2012 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment